We at Jewell Events Catering have always focused on maintaining our classic standards of food and service, while advancing through innovation, progressive culinary development, embracing technology and recognizing global realities.
For that reason we have established the Jewell Green Initiative, acknowledging our place in the larger world and our responsibilities to it. Our challenge as caterers is to be stewards of the environment while maintaining our premier-class cuisine.
Through our ten point Jewell Green Initiative we:
- Use compostable disposable products made from renewable resources in our Jewell To Go division
- Utilize low-toxicity, biodegradable cleaning products for warehouse and kitchen
- Recycle office products, including white paper, mixed paper, corrugated cardboard, ink cartridges and cell phones
- Provide information to our clients about the availability of these products
- Continuously educate our staff to raise awareness and introduce models for utilizing organic, sustainable products
- Utilize and research purveyors within our 250 mile “local geographic area”
- Develop recipes which deliciously highlight these products
- Adhere to environmental guidelines and sustainable practices, such as the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch List
- Retrofitting existing lighting with energy efficient LED lighting
- Promote alternative transportation to workplace, including bike ridership