We at Jewell Events Catering have always focused on maintaining our classic standards of food and service, while advancing through innovation, progressive culinary development, embracing technology and recognizing global realities.
For that reason we have established the Jewell Green Initiative, acknowledging our place in the larger world and our responsibilities to it. Our challenge as caterers is to be stewards of the environment while maintaining our premier-class cuisine.
Through the Jewell Green Initiative we:
- Educate our staff to raise awareness and introduce models for utilizing organic, sustainable products whenever possible
- Provide information to our clients about the availability of these products
- Continuously research purveyors within a reasonable geographic area
- Develop recipes which deliciously highlight local and artisan products.
- Adhere to environmental guidelines and sustainable practices, such as the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch List.
- Use compostable disposable products made from renewable resources (sugar cane stalk plates and potato-based cutlery) in our Jewell to Go division.
- Continue to research low-toxicity, biodegradable cleaning products for the warehouse and kitchen.
- Recycle office products, including paper and ink cartridges, whenever feasible.